This is the official publishers set of 3 bound volumes comprising all 8 issues of this noted Art Nouveau literary and art periodical and which was produced at the end of the run. Bound in blue cloth with gilt decorations after Beardsley. The Beardsley Christmas card (see Plate 4) which is often missing is tipped in at the end of the first issue. There are multiple Beardsley illustrations and important literary contributions by the editor, G. Bernard Shaw, Paul Verlaine (translated by Arthur Symons), Max Beerbohm, Ernest Dowson, Aubrey Beardsley, W.B. Yeats, Selwyn Image, John Gray, Frederick Wedmore, Edmund Gosse, Vincent O'Sullivan, Hubert Crackanthorpe, Stephane Mallarme (translated by George Moore), Edward Carpenter, Lionel Johnson, Ford Madox Hueffer, Joseph Conrad etc.
This set has been recased in the original bindings with new endpapers and the edges of the bindings have been reinforced with blue buckram (see images). In this state they present very attractively and are clean, tight and unmarked. Internally the contents are fine.
- Binding Condition: Very Good
- Overall Condition: Very Good
- Size: Small 4to.
- Sold By: Ronald Levine - Modern First Editions
- Contact Person: Ronald Levine
- Country: South Africa
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: 27 11 728-2044
- Preferred Payment Methods: EFT for S.African customers and PayPal or Bank Transfer for overseas clients. I regret that I no longer accept Credit Cards..
- Trade Associations: SABDA