The first collected edition of all four Sherlock Holmes long stories, comprising: A Study in Scarlet, The Sign of Four, The Hound of The Baskervilles and The Valley of Fear. 640 pages. 8vo. A very good plus copy in the original red cloth in the scarce dustwrapper which has Murray's Imperial Library printed at the base of the spine (i.e. Colonial issue) but otherwise both book and dustwrapper are identical to the regular UK issue.
The book has a slightly sunned spine and a neat ownership stamp on both pastedowns under the dustwrapper flaps but is otherwise tight, clean, unmarked and unfoxed and possibly unread. In a very good plus complete dustwrapper which also has a slightly sunned spine. The original price of 7/6d. is printed on the spine.
A very attractive copy.
- Jacket Condition: Very Good Plus
- Binding Condition: Very Good Plus
- Overall Condition: Very Good Plus
- Size: 8vo.
- Sold By: Ronald Levine - Modern First Editions
- Contact Person: Ronald Levine
- Country: South Africa
- Email: [email protected]
- Telephone: 011643 8437
- Preferred Payment Methods: EFT for S.African customers and Internation Bank Tranfer for customers abroad. I am unable to accept payment by credit card.
- Trade Associations: SABDA
Similar lots in the current auction View all
Click on an item to view more details and to bid.