An album, wherein the various Regiments and other principal Units of the Forces engaged in the Boer Campaign of 1899-1900 are illustrated. Portraits are also given of the Generals who have conducted the operations, and the Staff and Regimental Officers who have organised and lead the British and Colonial Forces.
268 pages (including a two page index to the photographs at the front), illustrated throughout with photographs, decorated gilt with red morocco back & brown cloth sides, edges frayed, a good copy.
Mendelssohn (Sydney) South African Bibliography, volume 2, page 401:The volume contains upwards of 250 photo-illustrations of generals, staff officers, and groups of officers, non-commissioned officers, and privates II. 2 Cof many of the regiments and batteries engaged in the early part of the South African War, 1899-1902. The work forms an interesting record of the campaign, and the portraits, &c., are accompanied by instructive letterpress comments.
- Overall Condition: A Good Copy
- Size: small folio (370 x 255 mm)
- Sold By: Clarke's Africana & Rare Books
- Contact Person: Paul Mills
- Country: South Africa
- Email: email@example.com
- Telephone: 021 794 0600
- Preferred Payment Methods: Visa & Mastercard via PayGate secure links and Bank transfers, PayPal with a 5% surcharge
- Trade Associations: ABA - ILAB, SABDA