The Victorian style full brown leather binding with gilt titling on a black title label and decorations between the raised bands probably dates about 20 years after the date of issue. Marbled paper end papers. All edges gilt. Red ribbon place marker. xvi prelims, 359 pages, a total of 26 hand coloured plates including the title page vignette and frontispiece, followed by a fold out map.
This, the fifth edition is regarded as the best edition.
CONDITION DETAILS: The label on the front paste down is an award for mathematics and the binding is a typical Victorian prize binding. The binding has been repaired, especially along the hinges, but seems to be holding tight. Internally clean with less than average soil marks. The plates are mostly clean, but a few do have a bit of soiling.
- Binding Condition: Repairs
- Overall Condition: Good
- Size: 253 mm x 183 mm
- Sold By: Gandolph's Books
- Contact Person: Arnaud Labuschagne
- Country: South Africa
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: +27 11-624-1752
- Preferred Payment Methods: Cash, Cheque deposits in Rands, bank transfers.
- Trade Associations: AA Approved