These two volumes are the ninth title in the Central African Archives Oppenheimer Series.
Unclipped cream matt original dustjackets (84 shillings for the 2-vol set) printed in scarlet to all five faces, plain endpapers, scarlet buckram boards, gilt to upper panels and spines, top edges gilt, other edges uncut with some leaves unopened, text on heavy cream wove paper + inserted illustrations and maps on art paper.
- Vol I. Journals. Colour frontispiece, lvi + pp 1-212 pp of text+ 8 pp of inserted colour plates on art paper + 4-fold map at the end.
- Vol II. Journals Continued with Letters and Dispatches Therefrom. vi + pp 213-462 of text and index + 8 pp of inserted colour plates from watercolours by Thomas Baines + 4-fold map at the end.
- Jacket Condition: Very Good
- Binding Condition: Near Fine
- Overall Condition: Near Fine
Similar lots in the current auction View all
Click on an item to view more details and to bid.