1 volume. New edition 1900.
Brown cover with animal print corners.
Gilt titles on cover and spine.
xxxi, 594 pages.
Tissue-guarded frontispiece portrait.
13 full-page plates + in-text illustrations.
5 maps + 1 plan.
"Decle travelled from Cape Town to the Zambesi,
then north through Tanzania and into Uganda.
A good picture of the rigors of camp life and sport."
Lovely condition throughout.
"Most of Decle's narrative is of travel throughout East Africa
with observations of the landscape and native life. There are
a few instances of hunting antelope, rhinoceros, and lion in Uganda,
usually with little luck." (Czech, An Annotated Bibliography of African
Big Game Hunting Books, 1785 to 1950, p.46).
Recorded shipping weight 2000g.
Shipped and insured by recorded delivery.
- Binding Condition: Very good
- Overall Condition: Very good
- Size: 22 x 14 cm
- Sold By: West Clare Rare Books
- Contact Person: Tom Moloney
- Country: Ireland
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: 0657087803
- Preferred Payment Methods: Credit Cards - PayPal - Cheque.
- Trade Associations: AA Approved
Similar lots in the upcoming auction View all
Click on an item to view more details and to bid.