First edition: 520 pages, frontispiece portrait, folding map, uncut fore-edge and top edge, original green cloth with a ripple on the front cover, titled gilt on the spine, which has faded to brown starting to wear at the hinges, booksellers ticket on the front pastedown endpaper, foxing on the page edges, corners slightly bumped, a good copy.
Mendelssohn (Sidney) South African Bibliography volume 1 page 460: Right to the last, speaking at Vereeniging, De Wet remarked, in a speech of considerable vigour, "We must fight on, no matter how long, until our independence is absolutely secure," and there appears no reason to doubt that he was fully prepared to continue the conflict, although he subsequently acquiesced with the views of the majority of the delegates.
- Overall Condition: A Good Copy
- Size: 8vo (230 x 150 mm)
- Sold By: Clarke's Africana & Rare Books
- Contact Person: Paul Mills
- Country: South Africa
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: 021 794 0600
- Preferred Payment Methods: Visa & Mastercard and Bank transfers
- Trade Associations: ABA - ILAB, SABDA
Similar lots in the upcoming auction View all
Click on an item to view more details and to bid.