xvi plus 195pp. Hardcover with DW. Printed EPs, map, line illustrations and b/w photos interspersed throughout text.
The front fixed EP bears Edna and Frank Bradlow's Ex libris bookplate.
Included is a most interesting three letter exchange dated between 8th January 1962 and 5th of February 1962 between the author and Frank Bradlow, where the author firstly thanks Frank Bradlow for sending her a copy of 'Piscator' containing Frank's article on Groenvlei (also known as Lake Pleasant). She goes on to tell him some interesting myths and legends surrounding Groenvlei, i.e. tales of Mermaids and squeaking ox-wagons. Attached is a copy of his reply where he requests permission to include this most interesting information in the next issue of 'Piscator'. Included is her reply to this request where she says she has no objection, and goes on to relate another story of interest pertaining to myths and legends of the lake.
No doubt this book will appeal to collectors of South African angling literature, especially those who are fortunate enough to have in their collections copies of the relevant 'Piscator's' mentioned above.
- Jacket Condition: Very good
- Binding Condition: Very good
- Overall Condition: Very good
- Size: 222mm x 143mm x 21mm
- Sold By: Booktown Africana
- Contact Person: Chris Shelton
- Country: South Africa
- Email: email@example.com
- Telephone: 0679155808
- Preferred Payment Methods: Internet banking transfer (EFT), PAYPAL. Regret no Credit Card facility.
- Trade Associations: AA Approved