462 pages,  leaves of plates: illustrations with tissue guards (four in colour), portraits (1 as frontispiece), plans, folding colour map. Splendid 20th century binding with new endpapers: half calf with cloth, raised bands and gilding. Frontispiece partially loosened.
Edward Mohr arrived in Durban in early 1869, having been inspired by Carl Mauch's discoveries to visit southern Africa. En route to the goldfields, Mohr met both Mauch and Thomas Baines. He also met Lobengula before proceeding to the Falls on 20 June 1870. Mohr provides an interesting and informative account of his travels. See Mendelssohn, MENDELSSOHN'S SOUTH AFRICAN BIBLIOGRAPHY, volume 2, pages 32-33.
- Binding Condition: Very good
- Overall Condition: Very good
- Size: 21 x 13,4 cm
- Sold By: Select Books
- Contact Person: David McLennan
- Country: South Africa
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: 021-4246955
- Preferred Payment Methods: Credit card; EFT
- Trade Associations: SABDA