With two chapters by H.A. Bryden. With six original drawings by Charles Whymper.
First British edition. 195 pages, frontispiece, 5 plates, green pictorial cloth over bevelled boards titled gilt on the upper cover with decorative gilt on the spine, slight scuff marks on back cover with light insect scarring, starting to wear at the top and bottom of the spine, light foxing on the page edges bottom corners bumped, a very good copy.
Czech (Kenneth) An Annotated Bibliography of African Big Game Hunting Books 1785 - 1999, page 253: Frederick Selous' cousin, Percy, describes hunting wildebeest, leopard, lion and giraffe near the Molopo River, with additional leopard hunting in Bechuanaland. He enjoyed sport after rhino near the Zambesi River and hippo and kudu on the Limpopo River. Bryden contributes two chapters including hunting giraffe and zebra in South Africa and relating the adventures of a 'Dutchman' hunting buffalo.
- Overall Condition: A Very Good Copy
- Size: tall 8vo (260 x 170 mm)
- Sold By: Clarke's Africana & Rare Books
- Contact Person: Paul Mills
- Country: South Africa
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: 021 794 0600
- Preferred Payment Methods: Visa & Mastercard and Bank transfers
- Trade Associations: ABA - ILAB, SABDA