The first edition of this very sought after double issue of VERVE which contains 29 Original Lithographs (5 double page) by Braque, Matisse (3 - one double page), Giacometti (2), Masson (3 - one double page), Leger (3 - one double page), Miro (3 - one double page), Chagall (7 - one double page) - and various other artists. All lithographs are present. (Frequently removed for sale individually). Also containing many tipped in colour plates. Text in French by Jean Paul Sartre, Albert Camus, Pierre Reverdy and others. The graphics are frequently removed for framing.
Folio 153 pp. In the original boards with original Braque graphics on both covers. The boards are in very good condition with mild soiling and darkening of the spine which also has some light stains of the lower 10cms. Internally about fine, unmarked and without any foxing.
Verve was a modernist Parisian art magazine published by Teriade between 1937 and 1960. The magazine was first published in December 1937. The headquarters of the magazine was in Paris. It published 38 issues in 10 volumes including lithographs by the most prominent artists of the Parisian art scene of the first half of the 20th century. In addition, the early contributors included James Joyce and Ernest Hemingway.
A heavy book and will only be shipped by courier.
- Binding Condition: Very Good
- Overall Condition: Very Good Plus
- Size: 4to.
- Sold By: Ronald Levine - Modern First Editions
- Contact Person: Ronald Levine
- Country: South Africa
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: 27 11 728-2044
- Preferred Payment Methods: EFT for S.African customers and PayPal or Bank Transfer for overseas clients. I regret that I no longer accept Credit Cards..
- Trade Associations: SABDA