The second number of this highly important literary magazine started by Roy Campbell, William Plomer and Laurens Van Der Post. Campbell served as the publication's editor for three issues before resigning due to interference from his proprietor, Lewis Reynolds; Reynolds discouraged Voorslag's criticism of the colonial system. This issue has two contributions by Campbell and one each by Van Der Post and Plomer.
All issues of this periodical are scarce and particularly in nice condition. The copy on offer is very good plus with the owner's bookplate on the inside of the front wrapper and his neat signature on the top fore corner of the front wrapper.
- Binding Condition: Very Good Plus
- Overall Condition: Very Good Plus
- Size: Small 8vo.
- Sold By: Ronald Levine - Modern First Editions
- Contact Person: Ronald Levine
- Country: South Africa
- Email: [email protected]
- Telephone: 27 11 728-2044
- Preferred Payment Methods: EFT for S.African customers and PayPal or Bank Transfer for overseas clients. I regret that I no longer accept Credit Cards..
- Trade Associations: SABDA