ET LA FLÛTE L'ÉTOILE; EN 1766, 1767, 1768 & 1769.
Seconde Édition, Augmentée.
2 volumes, I. (viii), xliii, 336. II. (ii), 453, (iii approbation et avis au relieur) pages, 21 engraved folding maps, 2 engraved folding plates, contemporary mottled calf will gilt decorated spines - the leather is chipped at the top and bottom of the spines and worn along the edges and at the corners, silk place markers, page edges dyed light red, contents crisp and bright.
A good set of the second and best edition containing a revised and extended version of Bougainville's circumnavigation (the first by a Frenchman) and with the vocabulary of the Tahitian language.
- Binding Condition: Good
- Overall Condition: Very Good
- Size: 8vo (200 x 130 mm)
- Sold By: Clarke's Africana & Rare Books
- Contact Person: Paul Mills
- Country: South Africa
- Email: email@example.com
- Telephone: 021 794 0600
- Preferred Payment Methods: Visa & Mastercard via PayGate secure links and Bank transfers
- Trade Associations: ABA - ILAB, SABDA
Similar lots in the current auction View all
Click on an item to view more details and to bid.