The first and by far the scarcest of the 4 Winnie The Pooh books. With Ernest Shepard illustrations and contains the famous poem 'Vespers' - Christoper Robin is saying his prayers. This is a first edition, first impression, in the probable second state with the pagination ix and x present on the prelims. With plain endpapers and top edge gilt. In a defective dustwrapper.
The book itself is in tight very good or better condition. The blue gilt embossed cloth is bright with slight rubbing to the edges and lightly bumped corners. LIght offsetting to the endpapers and the front free endpaper bears a neat inscription. Internally the pages are clean and bright and without foxing. The dustwrapper is defective. Both front and rear panels and fold in flaps are present albeit with some fraying. However the spine of the wrapper is almost totally absent.
- Jacket Condition: Poor
- Binding Condition: Very Good
- Overall Condition: Very Good
- Size: Small 8vo.
- Sold By: Ronald Levine - Modern First Editions
- Contact Person: Ronald Levine
- Country: South Africa
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: 27 11 728-2044
- Preferred Payment Methods: EFT for S.African customers and PayPal or Bank Transfer for overseas clients. I regret that I no longer accept Credit Cards..
- Trade Associations: SABDA