The author, a renowned writer, sportsman and British diplomat, describes various types of game and hunting conditions in Mozambique primarily north of the Zambezi River. He includes his own hunts after elephant, rhino, buffalo, lion, hippo and a variety of antelope, with lengthy chapters on equipment, game reserves and the tsetse fly.
Published by John Murray, London, 1914. Blue cloth with recessed lettering to upper board and gilt lettering to spine. 8vo. xii plus 376 pages text. Frontispiece + 27 plates + folding map.
SOURCE: CZECH. Pages 185-186.
Some offset to endpapers, and odd spots to text and edges. Very clean copy.
- Binding Condition: Very Good
- Overall Condition: Very Good
- Size: 22.25 x 15 cm
- Sold By: Quathlamba Winds Books
- Contact Person: Ian & Yvonne Halford
- Country: United Kingdom
- Email: email@example.com
- Telephone: 01743 361772
- Preferred Payment Methods: Paypal-Cheques-Direct Transfer to UK Bank.
- Trade Associations: SABDA