200 pages, 11 plates – 1 folding, portraits, plans, maroon cloth titled gilt on upper cover, a very good copy.
From the preface: I have endeavoured to place before the public a complete and reliable account of the Fourth Contingent's doings in South Africa. As a member of the Contingent I passed through the sixteen months' active service without once having been “off duty” and this personal experience I have supplemented with information obtained from various authentic sources at the expense of considerable labour.
Only 1 copy listed in A South African Bibliography.
- Overall Condition: A Very Good Copy
- Size: 8vo (220 x140mm)
- Sold By: Clarke's Africana & Rare Books
- Contact Person: Paul Mills
- Country: South Africa
- Email: email@example.com
- Telephone: 021 794 0600
- Preferred Payment Methods: Visa & Mastercard via PayGate secure links and Bank transfers
- Trade Associations: ABA - ILAB, SABDA
Similar lots in the current auction View all
Click on an item to view more details and to bid.