Sought-after classic of this colonial war. From the book: "On arriving home from South Africa in March last, I had no intention whatever of writing a book, and it was not till May, when writing a brief account of the operations in Mashonaland in 1896, for the Intelligence Department of the War Office, that it struck me that there were many points of general interest which had no place in an official account. This idea assumed definite form when Colonel R. S. Baden-Powell s book, The Campaign in Matabeleland, 1896, and Lieut.-Colonel Plumer s, An Irregular Corps in Matabeleland, appeared, and the thought Why not Mashonaland too?"
xv, 308pp plus 40 pp adverts some pages uncut, frontispiece, 8 plates 1 fold-out), illustrations & 1 fold-out map.
Very good condition in blue boards with gilt title on spine and gilt vignette of 2 soldiers resting on upper cover. Slight foxing on endpapers. A bright, clean copy.
- Binding Condition: Very Good
- Overall Condition: Very Good
- Size: 23x16
- Sold By: Africana Books
- Contact Person: Stefan Blank
- Country: South Africa
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: 021 4475741
- Preferred Payment Methods: Direct deposit/EFT to our account, or Visa, Master & Amex cards - but an extra 5% will be debited for card chgs.. Paypal also welcome, but 7% charge will be levied, as there are PP &repatriation fees to be paid.
- Trade Associations: Member of SABDA