The very scarce and it seems only edition of this title "a short record of the K Company of the 2nd. Scottish Rifles in the Anglo-Boer War". In the original illustrated beige cloth with red lettering on the front board and gilt titling on the spine. A diamond shaped piece of black and green tartan cloth (presumably the tartan colours of the regiment) has been affixed to the front cover. The only other copy of this title to have ever been sold on Antiquarian Auctions (Auction 48) has the same tartan sample on the cover. SABIB Vol. 4, Page 234. Only 3 copies identified. Many illustrations, both full page plates (two folding) and in-text, being photographs by Captain Young and illustrations by the author.
Some offsetting to the free endpapers otherwise a very good clean unmarked copy.
- Binding Condition: Very Good
- Overall Condition: Very Good
- Size: 8vo.
- Sold By: Ronald Levine - Modern First Editions
- Contact Person: Ronald Levine
- Country: South Africa
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: 27 11 728-2044
- Preferred Payment Methods: EFT for S.African customers and PayPal or Bank Transfer for overseas clients. I regret that I no longer accept Credit Cards..
- Trade Associations: SABDA