The first British woman Prime Minister's two autobiographies were published in reverse chronological order:
- The Downing Street Years covers her eleven-and-a-half period in office between 1979 and 1990. Unclipped colour portrait dustjacket (25.00 pounds net), blue paper-boards, gilt to spine, matching plain blue endpapers, xiv + 914 pp of text, chronology, abbreviations and index + 40 pp of inserted b/w photographs on gloss-art paper. The dustjacket, covers and contents are complete and unmarked except for light page-edge fingering. This is a fine copy of the first impression.
- The Path to Power is in two parts and covers the period 1925 to 1979. Unclipped tinted portrait dustjacket (25.00 net), black paper-boards, gilt to spine, plain blue endpapers, xiv + 656 pp of text, other material and index, printed on heavier wove text paper to match the bulk of the 914 pp in (1) + 40 pp of inserted b/w photographs on gloss-art paper. The dustjacket, covers and contents are fine and unmarked except for light page-edge fingering. This is a fine copy of the first edition [impressions were not shown on the imprint page of this volume]. There is a "Margaret Thatcher" signature in light-blue ink on the flyleaf (see image), but we do not know whether this is an original or, has been reported in the literature, a facsimile.
- Jacket Condition: Fine
- Binding Condition: Fine
- Overall Condition: Fine
- Size: 240 x 155 x 155; 2.9 kg
- Sold By: Fontein Books
- Contact Person: Richard Proctor-Sims
- Country: South Africa
- Email: email@example.com
- Telephone: 051 773 0050/048 079 546 4032
- Preferred Payment Methods: Eft or, for overseas buyers, Visa or Mastercard credit cards.
- Trade Associations: AA Approved
Similar lots in the upcoming auction View all
Click on an item to view more details and to bid.