xii+175pp. 19 b/w copperplate engravings + fold out map.
Gilt tooling to spine, gilt titles to compartment label. Corners bumped and creases split, boards with some rubbing, but an altogether attractive and very good marbled calf binding. Marbled endpapers. Light foxing to some plates. A few plates have been trimmed and lost their publisher’s information, but titles and images remain in their entirety throughout.
A very handsome copy of this important work, detailing four expeditions that reached as far as Namaqualand in the West and the Great Fish River in the South East. Some remarks are made about the natives and colonists, but many more on the various botanical specimens Paterson collected along the way. The trips were undertaken with Colonel Gordon and Jacob van Reenen in the late 1770s.
- Binding Condition: Very Good -
- Overall Condition: Very Good
- Size: 4to
- Sold By: The Book Shoppe
- Contact Person: Ray van Wyk
- Country: South Africa
- Email: [email protected]
- Telephone: 021 7131528
- Preferred Payment Methods: EFT, Card Payments (in store), Card Payments (please contact us for "card not present" transactions)
- Trade Associations: AA Approved