Facsimile copy of the 1817 edition. Barnes spent twelve years in St Helena, several of which were as Town Major in Jamestown the Island's capital. During this time he recorded a plethora of miscellaneous observations, including the fact that in 1916 there were three breweries on the Island producing "Excellent Beer". He recorded the varieties of fruits, fish species and animals, and the islands social events.
- Binding Condition: Very Good
- Overall Condition: Very Good
- Size: 15 x 21 cm
- Sold By: Fortunate Finds Bookshop
- Contact Person: Kathy Sullivan
- Country: South Africa
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: 021-7617540
- Preferred Payment Methods: Master/Visa cards, and EFT payment for South African Buyers
- Trade Associations: AA Approved
Similar lots in the current auction View all
Click on an item to view more details and to bid.