It is generally accepted that Sol Plaatje's epic novel "Mhudi" is the first to be written in English by a black South African writer. Although Dhlomo's 40 page novelette does not match Plaatje's in scale, it does, however, precede it by two years and can be considered the first work of English fiction written by a black South African author. It is also the first published English novel by a Zulu author.
Softcover booklet in very good condition for its age. No inscriptions, clean pages. 40pp.
- Binding Condition: Very Good
- Overall Condition: Very Good
- Sold By: Rare Paper
- Contact Person: Armandt Marais
- Country: South Africa
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: 018 294 3438
- Preferred Payment Methods: Paypal, EFT, Bank Deposit
- Trade Associations: A. A. Approved