A fine copy of one of the most recent and already sought-after titles on South Africa's most famous painter internationally, whose major works now regularly fetch more than a million dollars at auction..
48 pp of illustrated text bound into soft covers. Extracts:
The greeting Irma Stern's driver would call out in the local dialect as they motored into remote rural villages in the Congo in the 1960s in search of African art:
- "Bring out all your old rubbish - the mad white woman will buy it!"
In a review of an Irma Stern exhibition, Richard Feldman wrote on 17 May 1935 in the South African Opinion magazine:
- "It is given to very few to see the true soul of things."
- Binding Condition: Fine
- Overall Condition: Fine
- Size: 210 x 290
- Sold By: Fontein Books
- Contact Person: Richard Proctor-Sims
- Country: South Africa
- Email: [email protected]
- Telephone: 051 773 0050/048 079 546 4032
- Preferred Payment Methods: Eft (South Africa), SWIFT (rest of world), or $ checks for US or Australian buyers
- Trade Associations: AA Approved