Attractively outline coloured French map of the Cape with an inset of the SW corner, based on the map by Nicolas-Louis de Lacaille who measured the shape of Earth at Cape Town in 17532 & 3.
The maps is from Brion de la Tour's Atlas Géneral, Civil et Ecclésiastique (Paris, 1766) published by Desnos, who published many of his atlases.
Louis Brion de la Tour, (1743–1803) was an 18th-century French geographer and demographer. His official title was Ingénieur Géographe du Roi ("King's Engineer Geographer").
- Overall Condition: Fine
- Size: 35.5 X 42
- Sold By: Roger Stewart Antiquarian
- Contact Person: Roger Stewart
- Country: South Africa
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: +27836541081
- Preferred Payment Methods: LOCAL: EFT; INTERNATIONAL: PAYPAL or Bank Transfer; no credit cards
- Trade Associations: IMCOS
Similar lots in the upcoming auction View all
Click on an item to view more details and to bid.