Official Catalogue of the Empire Exhibition South Africa, 15 September 1936-15 January 1937 , Johannesburg, also eight photographic Empire Exhibition Postcards, period advertisement, illustrations, 300 pages, 137 x 211 mm, condition: very good.
The Empire Exhibition coincided with Johannesburg's Jubilee and was staged on a grand scale to demonstrate the progress made by the British Empire during the past fifty years. With over twenty acres of industrial and commercial exhibits, pavilions displaying the products of Great Britain, the Dominions, Rhodesia and the East African Colonies, while separate buildings housed exhibits of the Transvaal Chamber of Mines, the Iscor Steel Works of Pretoria, the South African Railways and the Port of London Authority. Also conferences, technology and entertainment were on offer.The exhibition was held at Milner Park.
- Overall Condition: very good
- Size: 137 x 211mm
- Sold By: The Old Limpopo Curiosity Shop (research bookshop)
- Contact Person: Mark Inman
- Country: South Africa
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: 011 888 2067
- Preferred Payment Methods: Paypal. EFT. direct deposit. cheques.
- Trade Associations: AA Approved