A rare fine set of the 3-vol bicentennial facsimile reprint of the first Encyclopaedia Britannica, published in 1771; fully described in the subtitle and the early images.
Note the superb quality of the 160 inserted monochrome copperplates - attributed to Andrew Bell, one of the publishers - of which several are shown in the images.
Unmarked and undiscoloured.
The occasional light foxing of the text pages is repeated from the original copies used for the facsimile reproduction.
- Binding Condition: Fine
- Overall Condition: Fine
- Sold By: Fontein Books
- Contact Person: Richard Proctor-Sims
- Country: South Africa
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: 051 773 0050/048 079 546 4032
- Preferred Payment Methods: Eft or, for overseas buyers, Visa or Mastercard credit cards.
- Trade Associations: AA Approved