The artist, Maurice Pledger, was only 25 when this book was published.
From the dustjacket:
- "Without formal art training, his observation as a keen naturalist and his own artistic ability have made him one of the outstanding ornithological illustrators of today."
- "To examine his originals through a magnifying glass is a revelation. The high degree of detail and the accuracy of colour are the outstanding hallmarks of his work."
At the time of writing, the author, Charles Coles, had been director of the Game Conservancy for twenty years.
Colour-illustrated dustjacket, maroon cloth-boards, gilt to the upper panel and spine, plain endpapers, 117 pp of prelims, including foreword, acknowledgments and bibliography, illustrated text plus 24 full-page colour plates - 3 Quail, 2 Pheasant, 2 Partridge and one each of Capercaille, Blackcock, Grouse, Ptarmigan, Prairie Chicken, Wild Turkey, Bustard, Mallard Duck, Teal, Widgeon, Canada Goose, Woodcock and Snipe.
Complete, unmarked and fine throughout.
- Jacket Condition: Fine
- Binding Condition: Fine
- Overall Condition: Fine
- Size: 430 x 210; 2 kg
- Sold By: Fontein Books
- Contact Person: Richard Proctor-Sims
- Country: South Africa
- Email: email@example.com
- Telephone: 051 773 0050/048 079 546 4032
- Preferred Payment Methods: Eft or, for overseas buyers, Visa or Mastercard credit cards.
- Trade Associations: AA Approved
Similar lots in the upcoming auction View all
Click on an item to view more details and to bid.