... "To Mark His 21st Year Of Leadership Of De Beers Industrial Diamond Division And As A Tribute From His Colleagues , Associates And Friends, In Grateful And Heartfelt Appreciation For The Direction He Has So Ably Provided With Benevolence, Imagination, Sound Judgment, Modesty, And For His Concern In Promoting Mutual Understanding Among His Fellow Men".
Includes compliment slip from Harry Oppenheimer to Mrs A. Hall. Includes also stapled booklet "A Chance Discovery That Changed The Future Of The Country", from a speech by Mr H.F. Oppenheimer, with coloured photos, perhaps a reprint from a magazine article. Further includes "The International Diamond Industry", an address by Julian Ogilvie Thompson to the twelfth congress of the Council Of Mining and Metallurgical Institutions, Johannesburg, May 3 1982.
Quarter leather over marbled paper covered boards. 39pp folio. No binder's ticket but looks like a Peter Carstens binding.
Spine fading else a Fine copy. Note order of front pages first the ffep, then the dedication page, then the limitation page numbered as Page 7. There appears no evidence of missing pages, this is either a production or binding artifact. No slipcase (was there one?).
Our Ref. #23922
- Binding Condition: Fine
- Overall Condition: Fine
- Size: 340mm x 235mm x 13mm x 0.8kg
- Sold By: Fables Bookshop
- Contact Person: Ian Balchin
- Country: South Africa
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: 046-625-0202
- Preferred Payment Methods: Mastercard, Visa, etc. PayPal subject to 5% surcharge, Ts&Cs apply. EFT for local clients invoiced in Rands. Bitcoin accepted for some transactions. USA corporate buyers can pay direct into a US bank account.
- Trade Associations: SABDA