Ashanti, part one-english upbringing , part two-cape colony, part three-transvaal, notes and references, glossary, select bibliography, index, 246 pages, profusely illustrated with colour photography & architectural plans and drawings, text from original sources with previously unpublished material, 235 x 305mm, condition: very good.
The book explores the 'Baker Style' with its blend of English Arts and Crafts, Cape Dutch vernacular and Italian classicism and highlights the simple qualities of many lesser-known buildings. (from the dustjacket)
The author, Dr. Keath, graduated in Architecture from the University of Natal and has lectured widely on the history of Architecture.
- Jacket Condition: very good
- Binding Condition: very good
- Overall Condition: very good
- Size: 235 x 305mm
- Sold By: The Old Limpopo Curiosity Shop (research bookshop)
- Contact Person: Mark Inman
- Country: South Africa
- Email: [email protected]
- Telephone: 011 888 2067
- Preferred Payment Methods: Paypal. EFT. direct deposit. cheques.
- Trade Associations: AA Approved
Similar lots in the current auction View all
Click on an item to view more details and to bid.