Signed by the author, Unie-Volkspers, 1944, illustrated, 130 pages, 145 x 220mm, condition: very good.
The book have been rebound in a similar cloth as the original binding (plumcloth by Unie-Volkspers, Cape Town, 1944) is of a poor quality due to wartime print restrictions.
The book is a sailor's account of wartime service on H.M.S. Cornwall in the south Atlantic and Indian Oceans . Amongst many anecdotes is 'Just Nuisance', the Great Dane officially enlisted in the Royal Navy. The author was the opening bat for Western Province and is related to David Dimbleby, the British broadcaster.
- Binding Condition: very good
- Overall Condition: very good
- Size: 145 x 220mm
- Sold By: The Old Limpopo Curiosity Shop (research bookshop)
- Contact Person: Mark Inman
- Country: South Africa
- Email: [email protected]
- Telephone: 011 888 2067
- Preferred Payment Methods: Paypal. EFT. direct deposit. cheques.
- Trade Associations: AA Approved
Similar lots in the current auction View all
Click on an item to view more details and to bid.