Philip Percival (1886-1966) was the dean of African professional hunters who arrived in Kenya colony as a young man to join his brother Blayney, then Game Warden who trained him to hunt. Soon he would be joining Theodore Roosevelt on his famous African Game Trails hunting expedition along with F.C. Selous, R.J.Cunninghame and Robert Foran. Percival was a co-founder of EAPHA and took Ernest Hemingway for big game hunting in the 1930s, and again came out of retirement to accompany the Hemingways in the 1950s.
Limited signed edition of 1000 copies of which this is No 110.
230 pages with many black & white photographs.
Red boards in good condition with good dust wrapper in protective plastic. One small ex-libris sticker inside. Slight foxing on fore-edges.
- Jacket Condition: Very Good
- Binding Condition: Very Good
- Overall Condition: Very good
- Size: 26x18.5
- Sold By: Africana Books
- Contact Person: Stefan Blank
- Country: South Africa
- Email: email@example.com
- Telephone: 021 4475741
- Preferred Payment Methods: Direct deposit/EFT to our account, or Visa, Master & Amex cards - but an extra 5% will be debited for card chgs.. Paypal also welcome, but 7% charge will be levied, as there are PP &repatriation fees to be paid.
- Trade Associations: Member of SABDA