With Accounts of Sport and Travel in Nyasaland and Portuguese East Africa, and Also Notes of the Game Animals and Their Distribution. Illustrated with photographs and drawings. Czech: An annotated Bibliography of African Big Game hunting books, 1785 to 1950, page 101, 'Lyell recounts his experiences in the big game lands of Rhodesia with exciting detail. All manner of game was collected, including elephant near Lake Chiuta, hippopotamus on the Shire River, rhinoceros on the Luangwa River, and lion. In addition, sable, impala, kudu, eland, lechwe, waterbuck, and other antelopes were also taken. "Seeing game is more of a matter of knowing what game looks like than exceptional eyesight, though one has to be very quick-sighted to catch a sight of an animal before it has become aware of the danger."'
xii, 118 pages, 2 pages of commercial advertisements at the back, frontispiece, many plates and several illustrations in text, errata printed on page x.
Beautifully rebound in full dark blue morocco with gilt lettering on cover and title and patterns on spine.
- Jacket Condition: n/a
- Binding Condition: Very good
- Overall Condition: Very good
- Size: 27x2.5
- Sold By: Africana Books
- Contact Person: Stefan Blank
- Country: South Africa
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: 021 4475741
- Preferred Payment Methods: Direct deposit/EFT to our account, or Visa, Master & Amex cards - but an extra 5% will be debited for card chgs.. Paypal also welcome, but 7% charge will be levied, as there are PP &repatriation fees to be paid.
- Trade Associations: Member of SABDA
Similar lots in the upcoming auction View all
Click on an item to view more details and to bid.