3 volumes, portrait of the author, 300 lithographic plates partly hand coloured with accompanying text, original green cloth gilt – volume 1 rubbed along the edges and top and bottom of the spine, tape marks on the paste-down endpapers, linocut bookplate stamp on the front free endpapers, the plates are bright and entirely free of foxing, a very good set.
Bolus paid for the publication of this work himself. The plates were lithographed on stone, adding considerably to the expense. As a result he scrimped on the bindings which are often in need of the binder\'s attention although not in this case. Only 250 sets were published of which half were sold to the public.
- Binding Condition: Good
- Overall Condition: Good
- Size: 8vo (255 x 160 mm)
- Sold By: Clarke's Africana & Rare Books
- Contact Person: Paul Mills
- Country: South Africa
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: 021 794 0600
- Preferred Payment Methods: Visa & Mastercard and Bank transfers
- Trade Associations: ABA - ILAB, SABDA