In The land of Misfortune by Lady Florence Dixie with Illustrations from a series of sketches by Major Fraser and Capt. C. F. C. Beresford, R. E., Engraved by Whymper and Pearson.
London, Richard Bentley and Son, 1882.
covered in green cloth with black lettering on the spine and gilt scene, black and grey scene on front. rubbing and ware to the top and bottom of the spine, some ware to the corners.
intermittent foxing and age tanning to pages. Two printed identification paper rectangles in front of the book, refer to photos. The engravings on pages 50 and 56 have loosened halfway up the page, also the engraving on page 371 has been glued in at some stage also discolouration close to inside edges.
Lady Florence Dixie, feminist, traveler and war correspondent was sent to South Arica to report on the First Boer war and the aftermath of the Anglo - Zulu war for the Morning Post.
- Jacket Condition: Bound in Cloth
- Binding Condition: Fair/good
- Overall Condition: Fair/good
- Size: 23 cm x 15 cm
- Sold By: Hemingways Books
- Contact Person: Noel Hunt
- Country: South Africa
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: 028-312-2739
- Preferred Payment Methods: Bank Transfer, All Credit Cards
- Trade Associations: SABDA