With a new introduction by Frank Bradlow
Facsimile reprint: 48 introduction + 406 pages, frontispiece portrait, folding coloured map 12 coloured plates and 4 uncoloured plates, marbled endpapers, full green leather titled gilt on the spine, a very good copy.
Limitation page reads: The edition of this facsimile reprint is limited to 1 000 numbered copies. Nos. 1 -100 are bound in full leather. This is number 7.
South Africa in Print comments about Latrobe that 'He has left an important volume of travels with illustrations second only to those of Burchell'. Colvin in his introduction to Mendelssohn's 'Bibliography' describes the Journals as 'written with much sweet piety and simplicity of spirit, yet (he) shows shrewdness of observation and a fine common sense.'
- Overall Condition: A Very Good Copy
- Size: 4to (280 x 220 mm)
- Sold By: Clarke's Africana & Rare Books
- Contact Person: Paul Mills
- Country: South Africa
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: 021 794 0600
- Preferred Payment Methods: Visa & Mastercard and Bank transfers
- Trade Associations: ABA - ILAB, SABDA