This was the first of the only two of this author's more than thirty English books to have been translated into Afrikaans. The translator's name is not given.
The book is now rare, particularly in the dustjacket, which is different from the original English version. By contrast with the original English Karoo, the Afrikaans version is unillustrated.
Both English and Afrikaans versions of Karoo are among Lawrence Green's rarer titles.
3-colour dustjacket with b/w printed flaps (unclipped: price R1.85) including photograph of the author. Ochre cloth-boards, with brown lettering and design to spine. Plain endpapers, v + 209 pp of text.
The dustjacket has been neatly repaired and is now plastic-protected. The boards are fine and the binding is tight. The free endpapers are sunned and there is a bookseller sticker on the front paste-down. The text is unmarked and undiscoloured, making this a better than good copy.
- Jacket Condition: Good (repaired)
- Binding Condition: Very Good
- Overall Condition: Good+
- Size: 220 x 145
- Sold By: Fontein Books
- Contact Person: Richard Proctor-Sims
- Country: South Africa
- Email: [email protected]
- Telephone: 051 773 0050/048 079 546 4032
- Preferred Payment Methods: Eft (South Africa), SWIFT (rest of world), or $ checks for US or Australian buyers
- Trade Associations: AA Approved
Similar lots in the current auction View all
Click on an item to view more details and to bid.