This 1900 folded map of the district of Kimberley is one of the products of the Anglo-Boer War.
The map shows, inter alia, farm names & borders; dwellings; rivers; and the railway line and telegraph that played such a crucial role in the Boer War.
Prof. Elri Liebenberg pointed out in her article on the cartographic legacy of the Anglo Boer War, that maps such as this were of inestimable value during the war, despite the caution printed above the map: 'This map is not to be considered as absolutely accurate'.
This folded map is still attached to its cover but the paper is somewhat creased. The first owner of the map inscribed his name and there is a poignant note, attached to the inside cover, about his subsequent death.
- Overall Condition: Very good
- Size: 62cm x 49cm (page)
- Sold By: Roger Stewart Antiquarian
- Contact Person: Dr. Roger Stewart
- Country: South Africa
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: +27836541081
- Preferred Payment Methods: LOCAL: EFT; INTERNATIONAL: PAYPAL or Bank Transfer; no credit cards
- Trade Associations: IMCOS