Komische Vogel, (funny bird), signed, dated , numbered, hardcover, images are lino-cuts on art paper,40 pages, 175 x 250mm, condition:very good.
The book's images are the same as the english language 'Dumb Birds', of 1995, the text is original. Ulrich Schwanecke (1939-2006), born in Germany, had his first exhibition in Johannesburg in 1963 and his first solo exhibition in Germany ten years later. Known for his watercolours, his technique has been described as a marriage between control and happy abandon, attempting to evoke a sense of desolation, but not despair.(Frieda Harmsen)
- Overall Condition: very good
- Size: 175 x 250mm
- Sold By: The Old Limpopo Curiosity Shop (research bookshop)
- Contact Person: Mark Inman
- Country: South Africa
- Email: [email protected]
- Telephone: 011 888 2067
- Preferred Payment Methods: Paypal. EFT. direct deposit. cheques.
- Trade Associations: AA Approved