Kinloch combines all of the information from his previous works and expanded upon them with additional sporting experiences. His knowledge of the game allowed him to enjoy considerable success in a lifelong pursuit of trophies. He notes such game as ibex, tiger, bear, elephant, markhor, wild sheep, etc. Of all the species he describes, he undoubtedly had tremendous respect for the gaur, "one of the most magnificent animals in creation, and its pursuit will always have great attractions for the real sportsmen." This is perhaps the most comprehensive of all Indian big game hunting books - (Czech, Asian Big Game, p. 119)
Thacker, Spink & Co, Calcutta. 1892 3rd ed. 292pp with frontis & 34 full-page photogravure plates.
In original green boards with vignette of buffalo on upper cover, gilt tile on spine. Corners are a little bumped and knocked with fraying to bottom of spine; however exterior is still bright. Some foxing on endpapers, name inside, otherwise clean inside. A good copy.
- Binding Condition: Very Good
- Overall Condition: Good
- Sold By: Africana Books
- Contact Person: Stefan Blank
- Country: South Africa
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: 021 4475741
- Preferred Payment Methods: Direct deposit/EFT to our account, or Visa, Master & Amex cards - but an extra 5% will be debited for card chgs.. Paypal also welcome, but 7% charge will be levied, as there are PP &repatriation fees to be paid.
- Trade Associations: Member of SABDA
Similar lots in the current auction View all
Click on an item to view more details and to bid.