(See also Lot 129)
Laminated pictorial dustjacket with french fold; purple cloth-boards, gilt to the upper panel and spine; pictorial endpapers; 180 pp of colour and duotone sepia-illustrated text, appendixes, bibliography, credits, index and list of subscribers, all, according to the mailer, "printed [in Singapore] to the highest standards on 128 gsm Japanese Matt Art Paper".
While the visible outside of the dustjacket is perfect, the inside of the upper french fold has a brown stain, and there is some other brown spotting, also inside. The versos of the free endpapers and their facing pages (p 1, the half-title, and p 180, the end of the list of subscribers) have similar brown stains; these possibly result from a paper flaw and they are not really obtrusive. The other contents are in mint condition. Unfortunate insect damage has caused a few small white marks on the lower edge of the upper board (see image).
Loosely inserted is a 3-fold A4 mailer and order form for the two editions - R895 for the collectors' edition and R150 for the standard edition.
- Jacket Condition: Very Good
- Binding Condition: Very Good
- Overall Condition: Very Good
- Size: 305 x 275
- Sold By: Fontein Books
- Contact Person: Richard Proctor-Sims
- Country: South Africa
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: 051 773 0050/048 079 546 4032
- Preferred Payment Methods: Eft or, for overseas buyers, Visa or Mastercard credit cards.
- Trade Associations: AA Approved
Similar lots in the current auction View all
Click on an item to view more details and to bid.