First edition of this highly important novel - the first by a black South African. Plaatje was a founding member and first Sectory General of the ANC. Although not dated, this first edition was published in 1930 and is very scarce. This is a very good copy in the original dark green cloth with gilt lettering. The cloth has mimimal edge rubbing at the extremes of the spine but no loss. The book itself is tight and crisp.The endpapers are somewhat foxed but otherwise the book is internally very clean with an owner\'s name and date in pencil on the ffep.
- Binding Condition: Very Good
- Overall Condition: Very Good
- Size: 8vo.
- Sold By: Ronald Levine - Modern First Editions
- Contact Person: Ronald Levine
- Country: South Africa
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: 27 11 728-2044
- Preferred Payment Methods: EFT for S.African customers and PayPal or Bank Transfer for overseas clients. I regret that I no longer accept Credit Cards..
- Trade Associations: SABDA
Similar lots in the current auction View all
Click on an item to view more details and to bid.