Inscribed "Percy Fitzpatrick, Henley, July 05". This was Sir James Percy Fitzpatrick's own copy - excellent provenance. Sir James Percy FitzPatrick, KCMG, known as Percy FitzPatrick, was a South African author, politician, mining financier and pioneer of the fruit industry. He authored the classic children's book, Jock of the Bushveld. As a politician, he defended British Imperial interests before and during the Anglo-Boer War. He was also responsible for the creation of the two minute silence observed on Armistice Day.
Pictorial buckram boards. 558pp illustrated plates.
Spine has suffered insect depredations. binding not tight, many plates loose. technically barely a Good copy, but not unattractive. Contents clean.
Our Ref: #23196
- Binding Condition: Poor
- Overall Condition: Good only
- Size: 255mm x 180mm x 45mm x 2.0kg
- Sold By: Fables Bookshop
- Contact Person: Ian Balchin
- Country: South Africa
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: 046-625-0202
- Preferred Payment Methods: Mastercard, Visa, etc. PayPal subject to 5% surcharge, Ts&Cs apply. EFT for local clients invoiced in Rands. Bitcoin accepted for some transactions. USA corporate buyers can pay direct into a US bank account.
- Trade Associations: SABDA