Copy Number 39 of 50 de luxe copies in the Africana Collectanea Series (44th volume in the series)which had a total print run of 1,000 copies of which numbers 1 to 50 were bound in leather.
Original brown leather spine and corners with a green title label on the spine with gilt titling and the publisher's device on the upper board.
Although this is stated to be the "Third Edition' it follows the format of the 1903 Hood, Douglas & Howard, London edition, with 332 pages, black and white illustrations and a fold out map section at the rear with 8 maps.
CONDITION DETAILS: The titling on the spine is a bit faded, there is a bookseller's label on the front paste down, some of the illustrations are age toned, otherwise a lightly used copy.
- Binding Condition: Titling on spine a bit faded
- Overall Condition: Good
- Size: 220mm x 143mm
- Sold By: Gandolph's Books
- Contact Person: Arnaud Labuschagne
- Country: South Africa
- Email: [email protected]
- Telephone: +27 11-624-1752
- Preferred Payment Methods: Cash, Cheque deposits in Rands, bank transfers.
- Trade Associations: AA Approved