An original cheque of Seven Pounds, made out to Fletcher & Co. and signed by the sixth and last president of the Orange Free State Republic, Marthinus Theunis Steyn (1857-1916).
Steyn was one of the most prominent leaders during the Second Anglo-Boer War (1899-1902).
It is dated 14 February, 1916.
It is a cheque of the Nederlandsche Bank voor Zuid-Afrika - now known as Nedbank.
Image of Steyn from the website Boer War Colourised Photographs.
Near Fine condition.
- Overall Condition: Near Fine
- Sold By: Rare Paper
- Contact Person: Armandt Marais
- Country: South Africa
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: 018 294 3438
- Preferred Payment Methods: Paypal, EFT, Bank Deposit
- Trade Associations: A. A. Approved
Similar lots in the current auction View all
Click on an item to view more details and to bid.