Softcover, 44pp. Signed by the author on the title page.
Matthews founded the first black-owned publishing house in South Africa, BLAC (Black Literature Arts and Culture), in 1974. This booklet is one of its early publications. It closed in 1991 due to constant government harassment.
During the Apartheid era most of his poetry was banned as he was considered a leading articulator of the Black Consciousness philosophy.
He was detained by government in 1976 and spent some time (September - December) at the Victor Verster Maximum Security Prison in Paarl.
- Binding Condition: Near Fine
- Overall Condition: Near Fine
- Sold By: Rare Paper
- Contact Person: Armandt Marais
- Country: South Africa
- Email: email@example.com
- Telephone: 074 123 5861
- Preferred Payment Methods: Paypal, EFT, Bank Deposit
- Trade Associations: A. A. Approved