Charles R. CAPON (d.1954, cartographer).
[Pictorial Map.] - A Map of Old Boston in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts presented by The Boston Five Cents Savings Bank
Boston: [printed by The Sherrill Press for] The Boston Five Cents Savings Bank, 1929.
Large coloured folding lithographed map on paper (18 ¼ x 24 ½ inches overall) printed by the Sherrill Press from a design by Charles R. Capon. (Light creasing [see images])
Tipped into original thin card wrappers, the upper outer wrapper with title printed in two colours within a three-colour decorative surround, imprint on the lower cover, text printed on the upper and lower inner wrappers. (Light toning to inner wrappers [see images])
All contained in the original paper presentation envelope (9 7/8 x 13 inches), two-colour vignette title to the front (lightly soiled, chip to flap).
A very fine copy of this attractive stylised bird's-eye-view of historic Boston by Charles Capon. This example includes the rare original envelope.
- Binding Condition: Excellent
- Overall Condition: Excellent
- Size: 18 ¼ x 24 ½in; 463 x 622mm
- Sold By: Shadowrock Rare Books
- Contact Person: Adam Langlands
- Country: United States
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: 001-860-248-1547
- Preferred Payment Methods: Paypal, US$ checks and wire transfers, major credit cards through paypal
- Trade Associations: AA Approved
Similar lots in the upcoming auction View all
Click on an item to view more details and to bid.