unpaginated, 16 full-page plates printed one per page, stiff red card wrappers with a floral decoration repeated on both front and back, map of the island on inside of the front cover, signature on the upper cover, some rusting of the staples but overall a very good copy.
S.A.B. 3:677. One copy listed. 'Copyright, T. Jackson,' appears at the foot of each illustration. The first plate is of 'The Pharmacy, St Helena,' of which T. Jackson was the proprietor and thus presumably he was the publisher. Views include several groups of prisoners and the camps and 'Box in which Boer prisoner escaped from the Island. He was discovered on steamer, landed at Ascension and ultimately returned to St Helena camp'.
- Binding Condition: Very good
- Overall Condition: Very good
- Size: Oblong 8vo (150 x 190 mm)
- Sold By: Clarke's Africana & Rare Books
- Contact Person: Paul Mills
- Country: South Africa
- Email: email@example.com
- Telephone: 021 794 0600
- Preferred Payment Methods: Visa & Mastercard via PayGate secure links and Bank transfers, PayPal with a 5% surcharge
- Trade Associations: ABA - ILAB, SABDA