This is an as-new copy signed by the author on the title page.
De Jongh is a professor of anthropology but this book is written for the layman, telling us in more than a dozen episodes about various "karretjie people" - itinerant families of Griqua descent - moving around on sand roads in small animal-drawn carts earning often perilous livings as sheep-shearers and seasonal farm labourers.
De Jongh's book - photographic limp covers with xi + 221 pp - is profusely illustrated in colour.
- Binding Condition: Fine
- Overall Condition: Fine
- Size: 2012
- Sold By: Fontein Books
- Contact Person: Richard Proctor-Sims
- Country: South Africa
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: 051 773 0050/048 079 546 4032
- Preferred Payment Methods: Eft or, for overseas buyers, Visa or Mastercard credit cards.
- Trade Associations: AA Approved
Similar lots in the current auction View all
Click on an item to view more details and to bid.