These are to certify that Mr Jacobus Petrus Roux ...(?)stein having sold to Mr. Egbert Andries Buyskes residing in Cape Town as appears by a deed dated this day, and deposited in this Office a female Slave, named Regina old about 34 years born in the colony, by trade a housemaid.
Transcribed and duly registered as the Property of said Mr. E.A. Buyskes.
Cape of Good Hope, February 3, 1827.
On laid and watermarked paper (G.Ward 1824) with a VOC blind stamp at the upper righthand corner, signs of having been mounted in a album with stamp hinges on the back
Slavery was abolished in the Cape Colony in 1833.
- Overall Condition: Very Good
- Size: 315 x 193 mm
- Sold By: Clarke's Africana & Rare Books
- Contact Person: Paul Mills
- Country: South Africa
- Email: email@example.com
- Telephone: 021 794 0600
- Preferred Payment Methods: Visa & Mastercard via PayGate secure links and Bank transfers, PayPal with a 5% surcharge
- Trade Associations: ABA - ILAB, SABDA