In double-tinted lithography, from water colour drawings by T.W. Bowler.
Single tinted lithographic title page and 9 double-tinted lithographic plates, 367 x 269 mm, contained in a folder of half roan leather and pebble-grained cloth, titled gilt on the upper cover, all the plates appear to have been expertly cleaned, some very light foxing on the title page, otherwise the plates are bright. Lacks the printed title leaf. Scarce.
Title page vignette. Boor’s Waggon
1. Table Bay from Blue Berg
2. Royal Observatory, Looking Westward
3. Table Bay, from Robben Island
4. From Wynberg Hill, False Bay in the Distance
5. Botanical Gardens, Cape Town
6. Great Constantia, the Property of J.P. Cloete, Esq.
7. Admiralty House – Entrance to Simon’s Town
8. Castle, Cape Town, from the S.E. Angle of the Parade
9. Kalk Bay – Evening
Bowler saw this album through the press whilst on a visit to London in 1854. His second album of Cape Town views had the distinction of being published under the patronage of Queen Victoria and was issued by Day & Son and Ackerman & Co. (and in Cape Town by A.S. Robertson, Adderley Street) on October 31st, 1854.
- Size: 4to (367 x 269) mm